TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL LANGUAGE STAY
- Take advantage of free, expert advice.
- Book through a well-known language school or tour operator. This guarantees a high level of security, transparency and added value.
- Insist on receiving a detailed description of the programme: before your trip, the language school or tour operator should provide you with its contact information, the terms of payment, all travel documents and information on services related to meals, travel, local transfers and leisure programmes.
- Pay attention to group size! Choose courses with no more than 15 participants per group; small groups (e.g. mini-groups with a maximum of 8 participants) are even more effective.
- Give preference to language courses that include an on-site placement test – ideally both written and oral. Some language schools offer an online language test before the trip.
- Choose a travel package that includes not only a suitable language course, but also a sports and leisure programme appropriate to the participant’s age. This component is particularly important for young learners.
- Be sure to check to what extent young travellers will be accompanied on their flights, train/coach trips and local transfers and whether transfers to and from the airport or train/coach station are included in the price.
- Ask about group composition: at the place of accommodation, there should ideally be no more than two guests of the same native language. However, it is also possible to place friends together upon request.